Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taking Chances

Today I decided to step outside of myself. I've thought about creating this blog for over a year now but thought that my words would be meaningless and insignificant. I wondered if I would have meaningful content to fill the world in on day after day or would my interest waver and slowly fade? Or more importantly would those who may be initially interested slowly become bored? So I  sat on this for months. Then created the profile and sat on it for days, until today March 22, 2012 after I long day at work and evem longer list of events in the news that prompted me to do this. With the death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin setting in I sat back on my bed and thought, I have one life and who knows how many minutes to live in this existence. Whether it be profound or nonsense my voice matters even if only to me, and all it took was to type that first T and here I am. Welcome to my world. Whether the ride be short or long I can ensure you it will be a ride.

Find out more about the Trayvon Martin case here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/trayvon-martin-liveblog_n_1368298.html

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Congrats - I'll be checking out this blog to see where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great beginning!! Now write something again today. the 23rd! LOL

    ReplyDelete